Monday 16 January 2012

Ray Charles?

This is not a post about Ray Charles but rather a post about a song called Ray Charles by Chiddy Bang.

The song itself is rather catchy but that is not what I'm writing about, oh no, not that. What I'm writing about is the lyrical content. You see, the song Ray Charles has, actually, you know what? I'll put the song here and then I'll talk about it. You may well get ahead of me on this one.


Did you get that? Maybe? Obviously I can't write this with each possibility covered so I'm going to go with that you didn't get it, sorry if you did.

The song contains such gems as "Ray Charles, boy open your eyes" and someone being "too blind to see it". Of course it also mentions the singer wearing dark glasses and not knowing where they are when they're on his face but whatever, the point is the references to blindness. Is it just me or is it a bit unpleasant? I mean, I wouldn't write a collection of children's stories called "Stevie Wonder's Rubbish At Playing Catch and other stories" and expect people to like it.

It seems in poor taste is what I'm saying here.

Maybe Chiddy Bang will regale us with further stories where they talk about wanting a lazy day and call it Ironside. They can talk about how carrying something caused them a twinge in the back that felt like taking a bullet to the spine or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment