Wednesday 18 January 2012

IMDB

I like the internet movie database for all of those "where've I seen them before?" moments that occur which, pre-internet days, used to take me a long time to resolve. With all the free time I now have due to that being freed up I stare at a Tumblr dashboard for a long time instead so it's almost bordering on a pyrrhic victory but whatever.

Anyhoo, the point is that IMDB is a rather handy repository of knowledge about people who make films and television programs and whatnot and I like that it can tell me stuff like... uh... OK, I can't remember the kind of stuff that I look for on it because once I've found something I forget about it, that's the point of looking on there, so those things don't niggle.

The subsequent point is that they are very thorough in ensuring that they pass on relevant information like Uggie, the dog, is a dog.

I get that there's probably not a lot of trivia that can be written about a dog, Uggie's hobbies include playing fetch and licking his own crotch, that kind of thing, but I think that we can probably manage without that level of padding.

No comments:

Post a Comment